Theatre in Scotland, Theatres, Companies, Information, History, Drama Clubs
- Bedlam Theatre – Home to the Edinburgh University Theatre Company (EUTC) for the past 30 years. The Bedlam is housed in the former “New North Free Church” at the foot of George IV Bridge in Edinburgh.
- Festival Theatre
- King’s Theatre
- Edinburgh Playhouse
- Queen’s Hall – offers a wide range of events to tempt you all year round – classical, jazz, blues, pop, rock, world, folk and comedy, and is also home to the Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
- Royal Lyceum
- Traverse Theatre – Scotland’s new writing theatre
- The Arches
- Citizens Theatre
- Eastwood Park Theatre – Giffnock
- King’s Theatre and Theatre Royal
- Glasgow Pavilion – The Scottish National Theatre of Variety
- The Tron Theatre
Theatres – Rest of Scotland
- Woodend Barn Arts Centre – Banchory
- The Barony Theatre – Bo’ness
- Lochside Theatre – Castle Douglas
- Theatre Royal – Dumfries – The Oldest Working Theatre in Scotland
- Alhambra Theatre – Dunfermline
- Dundee Rep – A national cultural asset which the people of Dundee feel ownership over and in which they can take enormous pride.
- The Warehouse – Lossiemouth
- Mull Theatre – Isle of Mull
- Eastgate Theatre & Arts Centre - Peebles
- Perth Theatre
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Byre Theatre – St Andrews
- MacRobert Centre – Stirling
- An Lanntair – Stornaway
Scottish Theatre Companies
- Dogstar Theatre Company – Inverness
- East Kilbride Rep Theatre Club
- Grey Coast
- Hopscotch Theatre Company – has been entertaining young people in Scotland with fun and educational theatre performances for more than 18 years.
- Practical Magic – An innovative and exciting theatre company which aims to bring quality theatre to Lanarkshire and beyond.
- Studio 32 – East Kilbride.
- Theatre Alba - bringing innovative and critically acclaimed drama to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and beyond.
- Theatre Babel
- Theatre Cryptic – The award-winning Cryptic was founded in Scotland in 1994 by Artistic Director, Cathie Boyd. Since then its innovative staging of music productions has established Cryptic as leaders in creating unique multi-layered sensory experiences, making ‘music to be looked at…not just listened to’.
- Tosg Gaelic Theatre Company – Isle of Skye – Scotland’s only professional Gaelic theatre company.
Scottish Theatre Information
Scottish Theatre History
- The Scottish Theatre Archive
- Sir Harry Lauder – University of Glasgow
- Jimmy Logan – The Jimmy Logan Collection compliled by the Pavilion Theatre
- Farewell tributes to Jimmy Logan – BBC
- Lex McLean – 1908 – 1975 – “Scotland’s King of Comedy”